All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionWhy is primary education so high on the political agenda, and so contentious? Why is the performance of primary schools so often in the media spotlight? Why should primary teachers trouble themselves with the politics of their work? Politics and the Primary Teacher is an accessible introduction to some of the thorniest aspects of a primary teacher's role. It aims to support your understanding of the constant changes in education policy, give you confidence to engage critically with current political debates, and consider how you might shape your response accordingly. Including questions for reflection, and selected further reading and resources, it examines the complex interface between the work of a teacher and the world beyond the classroom walls. Key issues explored include: * assessment, testing, league tables and national accountability measures * the media's impact in shaping both local and national views about education * political implications of new policies such as academies and free schools * conditions of work in the classroom and 'workforce remodelling' * the curriculum, its purposes and structure * pedagogy and teaching methods * education for citizenship, health and well-being. Politics and the Primary Teacher is essential reading for all education professionals who want to think more deeply about primary education, what it offers, and how children, families and communities are served by the primary school.
- Author BiographyPeter Cunningham is Bye-Fellow of Homerton College, Cambridge and Visiting Fellow at the Institute of Education, University of London.
- Author(s)Peter Cunningham
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication13/12/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleUnderstanding Primary Education Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white tables
- Weight294 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.