All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFinancially and politically, old age pensions are one of the cornerstones of modern welfare states, with a long history behind them. Pension systems and pension reforms have t only commanded the special attention of welfare researchers. Over the past few years, politicians throughout most of Europe have discovered that pension reforms can be both a difficult and a hazardous venture. In this book a number of researchers analyse the historical political development of European pension systems as well as present-day political and ecomic challenges. The authors comprise ecomists, political scientists and historians. The multi-disciplinary approach of the book combined with its comparative and historical perspective make possible a finely graded presentation of public pension systems and the challenges facing them.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Jorn Henrik Petersen is Professor of Social Policy and Klaus Petersen is Professor of Welfare History at the Centre for Welfare, University of Southern Denmark.
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/03/2009
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Notegraphs
- Weight310 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byJorn Henrik Petersen,Klaus Petersen
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
- AU $80.68New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.32Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.