All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAfter an introduction to the geometry of polymials and a discussion of refinements of the Fundamental Theorem of Algebra, the book turns to a consideration of various special polymials. Chebyshev and Descartes systems are then introduced, and Muntz systems and rational systems are examined in detail. Subsequent chapters discuss denseness questions and the inequalities satisfied by polymials and rational functions. Appendices on algorithms and computational concerns, on the interpolation theorem, and on orthogonality and irrationality round off the text. The book is self-contained and assumes at most a senior-undergraduate familiarity with real and complex analysis.
- Author(s)Peter B. Borwein,T. Erdelyi
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication28/09/2012
- Series TitleGraduate Texts in Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume Number161
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight753 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1995
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.