All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe behaviour of vanishing cycles is the cornerstone for understanding the geometry and topology of families of hypersurfaces, usually regarded as singular fibrations. This self-contained tract proposes a systematic geometro-topological approach to vanishing cycles, especially those appearing in n-proper fibrations, such as the fibration defined by a polymial function. Topics which have been the object of active research over the past 15 years, such as holomorphic germs, polymial functions, and Lefschetz pencils on quasi-projective spaces, are here shown in a new light: conceived as aspects of a single theory with vanishing cycles at its core. Throughout the book the author presents the current state of the art. Transparent proofs are provided so that n-specialists can use this book as an introduction, but all researchers and graduate students working in differential and algebraic topology, algebraic geometry, and singularity theory will find this book of great use.
- Author BiographyMihair Tibar is a Professor in the Mathematics Department at the Universite des Sciences et Technologies de Lille, France.
- Author(s)Mihai Tibar
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication17/05/2007
- Series TitleCambridge Tracts in Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 170
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note12 b/w illus. 3 tables 53 exercises
- Weight560 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.