All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is an archival reference for the evolving field of biomaterials and their applications in society, focusing on their composition, properties, characterization, chemistry and applications in bioenergy, chemicals, and vel materials and biomaterials. It has broad appeal due to the recent heightened awareness around bioenergy and biomass as potential replacements for petroleum feedstocks. The book is divided into three parts: cellulose-based biomaterials, chitin and chitosan biomaterials, and hemicelluloses and other polysaccharides. Each chapter addresses a separate biomaterial, discussing its chemical, physical, and biological attributes, and hones in on each compound's intrinsic tunability for numerous chemical transformations. In the current quest for a green ecomy and resources, this book will help inspire scientists towards vel sources for chemicals, materials, and energy in the years to come.
- Author BiographyYOUSSEF HABIBI, PhD, is Assistant Professor in the Department of Forest Bio-materials at North Carolina State University. His research investigates biocomposites and biomaterials engineering; cellulose nanocrystals self-assembly; natural fibers; reinforced polymer composites and nanocomposites; the isolation, analysis, treatment, and chemical modification and utilization of biomass components; and surface modification of natural fibers and their nanocrystals. LUCIAN A. LUCIA, PhD, is Associate Professor in the Department of Forest Biomaterials at North Carolina State University. His recent work focuses on the chemistry of wood pulping processes, with an emphasis on hydrosulfide chemistry. Dr. Lucia cofounded and coedits BioResources, dedicated to advanced applications of lignocellulosics.
- Author(s)Lucian A. Lucia,Youssef Habibi
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication27/04/2012
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight732 g
- Width158 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine26 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.