Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $18.95Trending at AU $22.14
About this product
- DescriptionNow featuring a brand-new design and integration of short film, the newly-revised PONTI, 3E, International Edition provides an up-to-date look at modern Italy, with a renewed focus on helping the second year student bridge the gap from the first year. With its invative integration of cultural content and techlogy, the Third Edition encourages students to expand on chapter themes through web-based exploration and activities. Taking a strong communicative approach, the book's wealth of contextualized exercises and activities make it well suited to current teaching methodologies, and its emphasis on spoken and written communication ensures that students express themselves with confidence. Students will also have the chance to explore modern Italy with a cinematic eye through the inclusion of five exciting short films by Italian filmmakers.
- Author BiographyElissa Tognozzi (Ph.D. Italian, UCLA) is Senior Lecturer (SOE) in the Department of Italian at UCLA. As Director of Italian Language Studies, she teaches graduate seminars in methods and in technology, coordinates the language program, and supervises the department's teaching assistants. Her upper-division courses include advanced composition, culture, opera, and theater. In addition, she is undergraduate advisor. From 2003 to 2008, she was chair of the AP Italian Development Committee. She was editor of the American Association of Teachers of Italian (AATI) newsletter and is currently the elected representative for AATI for California. Giuseppe Cavatorta earned a Ph.D. from UCLA in 2004. His current research and scholarly interests include the writings of the Italian neo-avantgarde, Futurism, the partisan war in literature and movies, 19th-century and 20th-century Italian literature, language pedagogy, and the use of technology in teaching. Having previously taught at Dartmouth College, he is currently teaching at the University of Arizona.
- Author(s)Elissa Tognozzi,Giuseppe Cavatorta
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication09/01/2012
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationFlorence
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHeinle & Heinle Publishers Inc.,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight756 g
- Width204 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition Statement3rd International edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.