All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPools: Aquatic Architecture showcases nine of HCMA's most invative facilities, its explanatory texts and 268 photographs, drawings, and diagrams make this the definitive book on the design of public swimming pools. Ranging from small neighbourhood facilities to destination multi-sports complexes for the Olympic Games, the nine aquatic buildings shown here document the evolution of contemporary design thinking for this building type. This 180 page book is an un-rivaled source for information on pool design, from their social ambitions to their construction features. Each example of aquatic architecture is explained in n-technical language, and with its inspiring photography and lucid drawings, the book will be of interest to casual swimmers, as well as recreation officials, parks managers, architects, engineers and fans of leading edge design. Edited by Vancouver architecture critic Trevor Boddy, the book features an Introduction and critical essays by him, plus a Foreword by pools pioneer Ron Keenberg of IKOY Architects.
- Author BiographyHughes Condon Marler Architects (HCMA) is an internationally recognized team of 50 people with an extensive body of work focusing on socially sustainable architecture. First established in 1976 and based in Vancouver and Victoria, the firm is a collaborative practice between five principals--Roger Hughes, Darryl Condon, Karen Marler, Stuart Rothnie and Carl-Jan Rupp. Vancouver-based Trevor Boddy is a critic of contemporary architecture, and commentator on recent urbanism and city-building. His writing has been recognized both regionally and internationally. As a consulting urban designer, he has co-devised various architectural competitions and his work has been included in a number of significant exhibitions. As an architectural curator, Trevor Boddy produced the 2008 internationally exhibited Vancouverism: Architecture Builds the City shown in London, Paris, and Vancouver.
- Author(s)Condon Hughes,Hughes Condon Marler Architects,Marler Architects
- PublisherOro Editions
- Date of Publication01/12/2013
- Place of PublicationSan Rafael
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOro Editions
- Content Note125 photos
- Weight1293 g
- Width254 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byTrevor Boddy
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.