All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.31
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.21
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $7.80Trending at AU $8.37
- AU $9.82Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.49
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $31.25
About this product
- DescriptionDid lead pipescause the fall of the Roman Empire? How many toilets were in theaverage Egyptian pyramid? How did a knight wearing fiftypounds of armor go to the bathroom?Was poor hygiene the last strawbefore the French Revolution?Did Thomas Crapper really inventthe modern toilet?How do astronauts goin space?History finally comes out of the water-closet inthis exploration of how people's need to relieve themselves shaped humandevelopment from ancient times to the present. Throughout time, the mostsuccessful civilizations were the ones who realized that everyone poops, and theyhad better figure out how to get rid of it! From the world's first flushing toiletinvented by ancient Mian plumbers to castle moats in the middle ages thatused more than just water to repel enemies, Sarah Albee traces humancivilization using one revolting yet fascinating theme. <p/>A blend of historical photos and humorous illustrationsbring the answers to these questions and more to life, plus extra-gross sidebar information adds to the potty humor. This is bathroom reading kids, teachers, librarians, and parents won't be able to put down!
- Author BiographySarah Albee has worked on over a hundred books for the pre-school market, three of which have been New York Times bestsellers. She has worked as a newspaper cartoonist, and as an editor for Children's Television Workshop. She lives in Connecticut with her husband and three children. www.sarahalbeebooks.comRobert Leighton is the illustrator of What's Going on Down There, and is also a puzzle-writer and cartoonist for The New Yorker. He lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Sarah Albee
- PublisherWalker & Company
- Date of Publication11/05/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWalker & Company
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width209 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)Dr Robert Leighton
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Sewn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.