All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionYou don't need to spend hundreds of dollars on the latest and greatest emergency survival gear for your outdoor adventures when you can assemble a functional, well-stocked kit for little or money! Best-selling preparedness author Jim Ballou shows you exactly how to do it with this guide to collecting -nsense, get-the-job-done-in-an-emergency gear and packaging it in self-contained, portable kits that are always ready to grab and go. Instead of expensive tents, sheath knives, sleeping bags, and other conventional outdoor gear, Jim focuses on compact, lightweight, and even disposable, use-once-and-discard emergency equipment, and all of it dirt cheap! Learn how to: - find standard survival kit components at the lowest prices - create a poor man's survival kit for free from common household items - collect or create your own edged tools, water containers, cookware, fire- and shelter-making gear, and weapons for very little money - assemble a complete kit of new gear for under $10. Dozens of photos show examples of inexpensive but functional wilderness survival kits, as well as step-by-step instructions for creating your own poor man's gear. If you are a hiker, hunter, camper, preparedness type, homeless mad, or other wilderness adventurer operating within a narrow budget, this book is for you!
- Author BiographyAs far back as James Ballou can remember, his interests have included survival activities - hunting, fishing, exploring, treasure hunting, backpacking, shooting, making and using tools, and just plain improvising. The author of dozens of magazine articles on various subjects, he also served four years in the U.S. Army as a paratrooper with the 82nd Airborne Division. This is his third book for Paladin Press.
- Author(s)James Ballou
- PublisherPaladin Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/03/2013
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationColorado
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPaladin Press,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrated throughout
- Weight249 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.