All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book showcases eye-opening ideas, concepts and trends that make a difference in the city of today and tomorrow, ranging from urban hacks, modular hotels, and parasite cinemas to pop-up retail. The world is becoming more fluid and, as a result, citizens, enterprises, and civic governments are coming up with refreshing solutions in order to deal with a permanent state of change. Based on five years of blogging on popupcity.net for an international audience of millions, Pop-Up City shows the birth of a new dimension in city-making based on groundbreaking ideas that take 'pop-up' as a starting point, varying from modular hotels and parasite cinemas to urban hacking, rooftop farms, and foldable houses. Pop-Up City is an eye-opening must have for both professionals and scholars working in urbanism, design, and marketing. Whether or t you are already a follower of the blog, the Pop-Up City book is meant for anyone who is interested in exploring what is happening with today's urbanized world and which great ideas emerge from it.
- Author BiographyFounders of a creative agency based in Amsterdam. They do campaigns, marketing, urban design, events, interaction design, web development and publishing. Their clients include Hewlett Packard, Rotterdam Police Department, Philips, Smart and Archis.In 2011, their project Gentrification Battlefield has been exhibited at the Museum of Modern Art in New York. Also founders of The Pop-Up City, a blog that explores the latest designs, trends and ideas that shape the city of the future. They strongly focus on new concepts, strategies and methods for a dynamic and flexible interpretation of contemporary urban life. The Pop-Up City is curated by the creative directors of Amsterdam-based space marketing agency Golfstromen, along with an international team of reporters.
- Author(s)Jeroen Beekmans,Joop de Boer
- PublisherBIS Publishers B.V.
- Date of Publication02/06/2014
- Place of PublicationAmsterdam
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintBIS Publishers B.V.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1040 g
- Width190 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.06Trending at AU $45.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.