All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Italy, they call him il Papa, which means The Father. Until his unprecedented election, author and friend Elisabetta Piquecalled him Padre Jorge. He may have changed his name to become Pope Francis, but it did t change their friendship. Since Jorge Mario Bergoglio became Pope Francis in 2013, countless books have been written to help the world understand this deeply complex yet simple servant of God. What sets Pope Francis: Life and Revolution apart from all other biographies of Pope Francis is the careful research and original investigation behind it, along with the fact that it is written by an internationally respected journalist Elisabetta Pique who has remained close to the Pope since first meeting him back in 2001. Over 75 individuals were interviewed for Pope Francis: Life and Revolution, including lay people, priests, bishops, and cardinals who have kwn or worked with Francis at various times in his life. Insights from these people, as well as from friends and family members, allow us to see a profoundly personal side of the Pope. His humility and humanity, courage and conviction, and warmth and wisdom are revealed as Pique shares little-kwn episodes from Francis s life. With a foreword by Cardinal Sean O Malley, O.F.M. Cap., Pope Francis: Life and Revolution is the definitive resource and narrative of a man personally kwn by few and revered and respected by many. Pope Francis: Life and Revolution reveals a man consistent in his beliefs and actions. He is a spiritual leader unwavering in his love for God, whose inner joy and peace move him and can inspire us to serve the least, the last, and the lost. Also available in Spanish!El Papa Francisco: vida y revolucion
- Author BiographyElisabetta Piquehas been a correspondentin Italy and the Vatican for La Nacion, Argentina s main newspaper, since 1999. She wasthe only reporterto write that CardinalBergoglio, whom she has known since 2001, would be elected pope.Born in Florence, Italy, she was educated and grew up in Argentina. After obtaininga degree in Political Science and International Relations from the Catholic University of Buenos Aires, she began herjournalisticcareer.She reportedonwars and conflicts inAfghanistan, Iraq, Kosovo, the Middle Eastand major international events includingthe handover of Hong Kong to China.
- Author(s)Elisabetta Pique
- PublisherLoyola University Press,U.S.
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Religious & Spiritual
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLoyola University Press,U.S.
- Out-of-print date24/08/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Foreword byCardinal Sean Patrick O'Malley
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.03Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.