Pope Francis: The Pope from the End of the Earth by Thomas J. Craughwell (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $27.77Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $24.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn March 13, 2013, the world waited in hushed anticipation for the anuncement of the new Successor of Peter and leader of the Roman Catholic Church. For weeks the news had been filled with discussions and speculation of leading papabili. Now, finally, the new pope would be revealed. But when Jorge Mario Bergoglio appeared the world was momentarily stunned. Who was this humble Cardinal from Argentina who emerged onto the loggia, choosing the name Francis, in hor of St. Francis of Assisi? In Pope Francis: The Pope from the End of the Earth best-selling author Thomas J. Craughwell explores the life of Pope Francis, including his birth and early years at the end of the earth in Argentina; his mystical experience as a teenager that drew him to religious life; his years as a priest and bishop with a heart for the poor and marginalized; and his unflagging courage to teach and defend the Catholic faith.Pope Francis: The Pope from the End of the Earth includes nearly 70 vivid full-page photographs, a fascinating in-depth biography, foreword by Cardinal Sean O'Malley, Francis' first homilies as Pope, and supplemental sections on Catholic beliefs, practices, and traditions. This beautifully-illustrated volume will answer your questions about the humble Cardinal from Argentina who has ascended the throne of Peter and stepped onto the world stage. And it will remind you always of this historic event the election of the first Jesuit pope, the first to take the name Francis, the first brought to Rome from the end of the earth.
- Author BiographyThomas J. Craughwell is author of more than two dozen published works. Among them are his highly acclaimedSaints Behaving Badly(Doubleday, 2006) andSaints Preserved: An Encyclopedia of Relics(Image, 2011). Craughwell's book, Stealing Lincoln s Body(Harvard University Press, 2007), has been adapted into a History Channel documentary. His articles have been printed by The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Inside the Vatican, and Our Sunday Visitor. A popular speaker, Craughwell has appeared on EWTN, CNN, and Ave Maria radio to discuss saints, the canonization process, and Catholic history. He writes out of his home in Bethel, Connecticut.
- Author(s)Thomas J. Craughwell
- PublisherCatholic Courses
- Date of Publication10/09/2014
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCatholic Courses
- Content NoteColour Photographs
- Weight454 g
- Width157 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.67
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.72
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.