Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionIn the last three decades, many books have been published on the role of the Vatican in the modern world. Popes and Politics shows that many recent authors, whether devoted or antagonistic to the papacy, have been guilty of factual distortions and biased interpretations that lead to a flawed picture of the Church and its relation to contemporary society. Among the authors analyzed are James Carroll, John Cornwell, Margherita Marchione, Ralph McInerny, Michael Phayer, Garry Willas and Susan Zuccotti. Lawler cites 'chapter and verse' to illustrate that many of these critics are doing to the church what the Church historically did to the Jews - methodically scapegoating an imaginary enemy.
- Author BiographyJustus George Lawler has been the editor of five publishing imprints, and of two quarterly and two monthly journals. He has taught at St. John's University and St. Mary's University in Minnesota, and Loyola University and Xavier University in Chicago. He is author/editor of several books on religious--cultural issues.
- Author(s)Justus George Lawler
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/10/2004
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight354 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.