All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis second volume of the acclaimed hit series collecting the entirety of E.C. Segar's original Popeye (a.k.a. Thimble Theatre) comic strips begins with a foreword by Beetle Bailey creator Mort Walker, and continues with an introduction by ted film and cartooning critic Donald Phelps. This second volume features work from 1930 to 1932, and most tably includes the debut of Segar's second greatest character: J. Wellington Wimpy, which stands as a one-of-a-kind icon some 70 years after his creation - the most likeable lowdown cad ever to grace the comics page. Popeye Volume 2 includes the stories: Clint Gore (continued from the cliffhanger last volume); A One-Way Bank, in which Popeye opens a bank that allows withdrawals but deposits; a long war story featuring King Blozo that begins with The Great Rough-House War ; and Skullyville, which wraps up the daily strips for this volume.
- Author(s)E. C. Segar
- Date of Publication12/06/2007
- SubjectGraphic Novels: General
- Place of PublicationSeattle
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note168
- Weight1452 g
- Width262 mm
- Height369 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.03
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $22.15Trending at AU $23.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.