All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPopular Culture: Global Intercultural Perspectives provides an understanding of popular culture in a globalized world through the intersection of sociology and cultural studies. Exploring a diverse range of different forms of popular culture in everyday life - from fashion, to digital techlogy and social networking, to music, visual culture and dance - this vibrant book offers contextual insights into key areas of study, including hybridity, identity, popular culture consumption and production. This critical and far-reaching text is the ideal companion to popular culture modules in sociology, media studies, cultural studies, communication studies and other related disciplines.
- Author BiographyAnn Brooks is a Senior Visiting Research Fellow and Visiting Scholar at the Asia Research Institute at the National University of Singapore. She was Professor of Sociology and Cultural Studies at the University of Adelaide, Australia, and is currently part of the Australian Research Council funded Centre of Excellence for the History of Emotions, 2011-2017. She is the author of several books on contemporary and cultural theory, including Social Theory in Contemporary Asia: Intimacy, Reflexivity and Identity (Routledge, 2010), Gender, Emotions and Labour Markets (Routledge, 2011) and Emotions in Transmigration: Transformation, Movement and Identity (Palgrave 2012) with co-author Ruth Simpson. Books in press include: Consumption, Cities and States: Comparing Singapore with Asia and Western Cities (with Lionel Wee) (Anthem Publishers 2014) and Emotions and Social Change: Historical and Sociological Perspectives (co-edited with David Lemmings) (Routledge, New York, 2014).
- Author(s)Ann Brooks
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication15/07/2014
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebibliography
- Weight415 g
- Width162 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.