All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThe Popular Culture Primer is an introductory text that traces the history of popular culture and cultural studies. Besides covering the traditional subjects such as the influence of the Frankfurt School and the Centre for Contemporary Cultural Studies, this book will cover the cultural studies of science and techlogy and other subjects that are generally igred in introductory texts, such as science fiction, fan cultures, and childhood studies. It looks at the impact that these topics have on our understanding of education and popular culture. The Popular Culture Primer is an essential assigned text for any classroom devoted to teaching the history and importance of the subject.
- Author BiographyThe Author: John A. Weaver received his Ph.D. in social and comparative analysis from the University of Pittsburgh. He is currently Associate Professor of Curriculum Studies at Georgia Southern University. He is the co-editor with Toby Daspit of Popular Culture and Critical Pedagogy (2000), with Maria Morris and Peter Appelbaum of (Post)Modern Science (Education) (Peter Lang, 2001), and with Karen Anijar and Toby Daspit of Science Fiction Curriculum, Cyborg Teachers, and Youth Cultures (Peter Lang, 2004). He is the author of Rethinking Academic Politics in (Re)Unified Germany and the United States (2000).
- Author(s)John A. Weaver
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/2005
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight220 g
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.