All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $69.62Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.26Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $24.55Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionPopular culture, simply stated, is the language of a people, expressed through everything from its clothing, food choices, and religious practices to its media. The popular and predominant values, interests, and needs of a society find their way into mass consciousness through a variety of venues including literature, cinema, television, video games, sport, and music. Through the inter-related forces of mass production, global marketing and the Internet, the fruits of popular culture penetrate into stores, living rooms, and everyday experience of children, teens, and adults in the form of catchphrases, toys, icography, celebrities, and indelible images. Psychotherapists and counselors who can tap into the powerful images, messages, and icons of popular culture have at their disposal an unlimited universe of resources for growth, change, and healing.Using real-world case examples and sound psychological theory, this book demonstrates how you can immediately start incorporating popular culture icons and images into your counseling or therapy. In this way, the authors will help elevate your ability to conduct clinical interviews with clients of all ages and all types of clinical problems.
- Author BiographyLawrence C. Rubin, PhD, LMHC, RPT-S, is a Professor of Counselor Education at St. Thomas University in Miami.
- PublisherSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/05/2008
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight676 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byLawrence C. Rubin
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.