All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAddressing the beliefs and attitudes that can be detrimental to your organization's competitiveness, Popular Manufacturing Myths: Eliminating Widely Held Beliefs That Reduce Competitiveness offers time-tested insight into the most common myths encountered in manufacturing environments. It classifies these myths into management myths, shop floor myths, and if appropriate, shared management and shop floor myths. Explaining the reasons why these deeply ingrained beliefs exist, the book outlines remedies that can help to quickly dispel them within your organization. It presents case studies that examine these myths and includes numerous real-world examples that outline simple, yet effective, solutions. Some of the myths dispelled in this book include: * Increasing line speed always decreases quality and creates more scrap * Reducing the cost of raw materials will decrease the cost of manufacturing * Increased inspection will boost quality * If it is successful in R&D, it will be successful in production * Process problems can only be solved by changing one process parameter at a time Covering the basics of data collection tools, techniques, and analysis, the text offers simple methods to structure your data to assist in communicating clear and logical conclusions across the organization. The author keeps the arithmetic and statistics to a minimum, so readers only require a basic understanding of averaging and rmal variation. However, for those who wish to understand a little bit more about a particular concept, technique, tool, or procedure, the book includes an addendum chapter with more detailed explanations and sample calculations.
- Author BiographyDouglas B. Relyea is the founder and senior partner of Quality Principle Associates a New England-based consulting firm that specializes in the education and application of data analysis techniques to industrial problem solving. Mr. Relyea has a degree in manufacturing engineering from Three Rivers Community College in Connecticut and a business degree from Eastern Connecticut State University. He spent twenty years working at General Dynamics and a division of Rogers Corporation, specializing in extrusion, die stamping, machining and molding processes servicing the automotive and business equipment industries. During his time in industry he filled positions such as first-line supervisor, quality assurance manager, engineering manager, maintenance manager, and sales and marketing product manager. Most recently, Mr. Relyea contributed Chapter 19 of the Wire Association International Wire Handbook. This chapter is entitled Elements of Statistical Quality Control. In 1987 he left industry and formed Quality Principle Associates.
- Author(s)Douglas B. Relyea
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication16/05/2013
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note25 black & white illustrations, 9 black & white tables
- Weight362 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.