All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionPopular Voiceworks is a fabulous collection of jazzy and popular songs in the highly practical Voiceworks format. Packed with songs in a huge range of styles, from unison to four parts, the collection provides exciting new material written by the authors as well as choral arrangements of favourites such as 'Comedy Tonight', 'Straighten up and fly right', and 'Dancing in the Street'. You'll find soul, jazz, funk, swing, spiritual, gospel, disco, show, folk, motown, R&B, doowop, hip-hop and more - all presented with practical advice on teaching and rehearsing. There are plenty of opportunities to improvise, as well as guidance on using the voice to sing popular styles. An accompanying CD includes stylish performances of all the songs together with backings for most. This all adds up to a fabulous resource for all young and young-at-heart singing groups!
- Author BiographyBorn in London and now based in New York, Charles Beale has enjoyed a varied career as a jazz educator, pianist, composer-arranger, and choral director. Author of the acclaimed Jazz Piano from Scratch (ABRSM Publishing), he taught jazz at London's Royal College of Music, and for ten years he was lead jazz consultant to the Associated Board. His playing and arranging work includes credits on albums and singles by pop and dance artists including Whitney Houston and Adeva. He recently became Music Director of the New York City Gay Men's Chorus, having for five years been Musical Director of the London Gay Men's Chorus. Steve Milloy (b. 1965) has spent ten years coaching and directing singers in schools, churches, theatres, and concert stages across the Midwestern US. A former member of the acclaimed a cappella octet Pieces of 8, he has sung in popular styles in theme parks and on TV and radio, and has composed or arranged pieces for more than a dozen GALA choruses in the US and UK. Steve has worked at the keyboard and/or on the podium with choruses and threatre troupes in St Louis, Indianapolis, and Cincinnati, and recently he returned to singing and acting in productions such as The Full Monty and Caroline, or Change.
- Author(s)Charles Beale,Steve Milloy
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication03/04/2008
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleVoiceworks
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight754 g
- Width223 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-Audio (Music recording)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.