All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPopulation Aging: The Transformation of Societies presents an overview and international comparison of the causes, consequences and policy implications of one of the major processes of change in contemporary societies. It provides a foundation for understanding and reflecting on key demographic and social trends, together with related theoretical and policy frameworks that are important in explaining changes and designing informed responses. With particular reference to countries that have the oldest or largest aged populations, the book presents a synthesis of research on population aging, new analyses of trends and a discussion of the major social policy strategies. Key topics include the new demography of aging, population health, family change, the Third Age, international policy concepts and strategies, and comparisons of countries - such as in terms of the relative risks they face from population aging and their resilience as changes occur. Overall, the book presents a broad interdisciplinary perspective on the determinants and consequences of population aging. The book is written for an international audience of policy makers, educators and practitioners in health and welfare, together with students in the social sciences and health sciences. It provides an accessible and academically informed exposition of the field for people engaging with issues arising from population aging in their own country.
- Author BiographyDonald T. Rowland is an adjunct associate professor in the Research School of Social Sciences at the Australian National University. He is the author of Demographic Methods and Concepts and more than a hundred other academic publications, many on aspects of population aging.
- Author(s)Donald T. Rowland
- Date of Publication26/04/2012
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleInternational Perspectives on Aging
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Note28 black & white tables, biography
- Weight617 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.