All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDemographic processes and health outcomes are highly gendered in India. At the same time, studies on the impact of gender on demography and health issues are scarce and the impact of demographic changes on gender is nearly nexistent. Mere recognition of the gender issues does t provide policy guidance to make appropriate changes in the programmes. This calls for invative methods to understand demographic changes, health scenario and gender systems and also a critical analysis of various public interventions. India is also experiencing rapid demographic changes in recent years which will have definite implications for demographic pattern, gender system, health progress and governmental policies and programmes. There are several policy and programmatic interventions to generate conducive demographic and health changes through gender equity. This volume brings together contributions from scholars on demographic changes, gender and health system and health policies and programmes in India. It highlights achievements and challenges facing the country in the area of population, gender and health in different settings. It also brings up new methods of analysing the relationship. This volume, undoubtedly, will be a useful guide to students, researchers and policy makers in India and across the world.
- Author BiographyK. S. Jamesis a professor at the Institute for Social and Economic Change (ISEC) and the coeditor of Demographic Change, Health Inequality and Human Development in India. Arvind Pandey is the director of the National Institute of Medical Statistics, at the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), in New Delhi, India, and the president of the Indian Association for the Study of Population and Indian Society for Medical Statistics. Dhananjay W. Bansod is an assistant professor at the ISEC in Bangalore, India. Lekha Subaiya is an assistant professor at ISEC and a former employee of ORC Macro.
- PublisherAcademic Foundation
- Date of Publication15/06/2010
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationGhaziabad
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintAcademic Foundation
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight998 g
- Width159 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byArvind Pandey,Dhananjay Bansod,K.S. James,Lekha Subaiya
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.