All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores the complex roles of mobile, transient, and displaced populations in the worldwide spread of disease. While biomedical events cause disease, social forces such as poverty and marginalization magnify them by giving them opportunities to take hold. From Katrina to Darfur, and from influenza to AIDS, an expert panel of health and social scientists brings the social context of epidemics into clear focus.
- Author BiographyYorghos Apostolopoulos, Ph.D., is Associate Clinical Professor of Social Epidemiology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA and Visiting Associate Professor of Medical Sociology, University of Athens School of Health Sciences, Athens, Attica, Greece. Sevil Sonmez, Ph.D., is Assistant Professor of Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA and Associate Professor of Management, Cyprus College School of Business, Engomi, Nicosia, Cyprus.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/10/2010
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note6 black & white tables, biography
- Weight528 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited bySevil Sonmez,Yorghos Apostolopoulos
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2007
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.