All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.44Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.16
About this product
- DescriptionIndia has expressed its commitment to improving the quality of its population through a large number of policies and programmes, which have highlighted the need for a healthy, educated, skilled and employed population. Additionally, legislative measures in the area of sexual and reproductive health, youth and gender issues have gone a long way in addressing the nation's commitment to addressing reproductive rights, as well as the rights of women and young people. Remarkable achievements have been made in meeting the health and development needs of the nation's 1.21 billion people, especially in terms of schooling, life expectancy, maternal and infant mortality, and family planning. However, there remain many areas in which progress has been uneven, and which, if t addressed soon, will affect people's wellbeing and violate their rights. This volume is a population needs assessment synthesising available evidence pertaining to the current situation and progress made in improving the health and population situation and realising rights. It highlights gaps or obstacles that may have impeded progress, and outlines priority areas for action. It addresses several dimensions of the population situation, namely, size and structure, overall development, as well as its sexual and reproductive health situation and exercise of reproductive rights.
- Author BiographyShireen J Jejeebhoy is Senior Programmes Associate, International Programmes Division, Population Council, New Delhi. P M Kulkarni is Professor, Centre for the Studies on Regional Development, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. K G Santhya is Senior Programme Officer, Population Council, New Delhi. Firoza Mehrotra is Former Senior Consultant, The Planning Commission of India, Government of India.
- Author(s)Firoza Mehrotra,K. G. Santhya,P. M. Kulkarni,Shireen J. Jejeebhoy
- PublisherOUP India
- Date of Publication15/05/2014
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintOUP India
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight544 g
- Width148 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.