All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionA collection of both new and previously published short stories, poems, and essays, by Jess C Scott. PORCELAIN offers a personal draft of the author's navigation through a world that is fantastical, offbeat, ironic, unexpected, and true. PORCELAIN is 40,000 words long. Praise for JESS C SCOTT: Jess's work exudes pure honesty that deserves praise. - RCGNTN Magazine Your writing reflects something genuine, something real, about our generation that few writers have had the talent or the courage to uncover. Thank you. - e-mail from a reader I hope you always stay fresh, refreshing and daring...whether the world gets it or t. - T.D., via e-mail EXCERPT: Oh my god, said Amber. Martin and Emily? Eww! That's just... She paused. She turned her head a little to one side. She gazed upwards, posing for thought. This way everyone would see how impeccably shaped her se and profile were. With the word she was to emphasize, she could also show off her puckered lips to perfection. She had to mouth it right. She did! And she did it with utmost flair- .. .wrong. Everyone at the table laughed. The other bunch, the quieter t-so-cool-and-or-sociable bunch, was gathered in front of the TV. They seemed to be happy with a box of candy-canes and whatever Spongebob was up to on the screen. I kw Martin's, well... said Ash. A nerd. It was Heidi. She and Amber were the Diva-Twins, and thing would come between them. That also meant that everything they held or caught was theirs. They would share, if they were charitable, or fight it out down to the last polished fingernail. Their 'snare' was the group at the table for the time being, and they were in a kind mood. It was Christmas after all. ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Jess writes edgy/contemporary fiction and poetry. Her work has appeared in a diverse range of publications, such as Word Riot and The Battered Suitcase. PORCELAIN features both her written and illustrative work.
- Author BiographyJess is an English/Business senior at Adams State College. About Porcelain, she says, I had a decade's worth of short stories, poems, and oddball sketches sitting around in various files and folders. I decided to showcase some of them in a novella. I thought it'd make a neat addition to my (ever-expanding) volume of written works.
- Author(s)Jess C Scott
- Date of Publication28/06/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.