Porous Materials for Carbon Dioxide Capture by Springer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $141.56Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $202.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis multi-authored book provides a comprehensive overview of the latest developments in porous CO2 capture materials, including ionic liquid-derived carbonaceous adsorbents, porous carbons, metal-organic frameworks, porous aromatic frameworks, micro porous organic polymers. It also reviews the sorption techniques such as cyclic uptake and desorption reactions and membrane separations. In each category, the design and fabrication, the comprehensive characterization, the evaluation of CO2 sorption/separation and the sorption/degradation mechanism are highlighted. In addition, the advantages and remaining challenges as well as future perspectives for each porous material are covered. This book is aimed at scientists and graduate students in such fields as separation, carbon, polymer, chemistry, material science and techlogy, who will use and appreciate this information source in their research. Other specialists may consult specific chapters to find the latest, authoritative reviews. Dr. An-Hui Lu is a Professor at the State Key Laboratory of Fine Chemicals, School of Chemical Engineering, Faculty of Chemical, Environmental and Biological Science and Techlogy, Dalian University of Techlogy, China. Dr. Sheng Dai is a Corporate Fellow and Group Leader in the Chemical Sciences Division at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) and a Professor of Chemistry at the University of Tennessee, USA.
- Author BiographyAn-Hui Lu received his Ph.D. from the Institute of Coal Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences in 2001. He subsequently went to Germany and worked as a Postdoctoral fellow and Alexander von Humboldt fellow in the group of Prof. F. Schuth at the Max-Planck-Institute fur Kohlenforschung. In 2005, he was promoted to Group Leader at the same institute. He has been a Professor at the State Key Laboratory of Fine Chemicals, School of Chemical Engineering, Faculty of Chemical, Environmental and Biological Science and Technology, Dalian University of Technology since 2008. He received the Brian Kelly Award (2006), Award for New Century Excellent Talents of Ministry of Education, China (2009), and the National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars of China (2012). He is the author or co-author of more than 100 papers with over 4,000 citations, and of one book. His research interests include synthesis strategy innovation of porous carbon materials, nanostructured energy-related materials, multifunctional magnetic colloids and their applications in heterogeneous catalysis, adsorption, energy storage and conversion. Sheng Dai obtained his B.S. degree (1984) and M.S. degree (1986) in Chemistry at Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China. He moved to the United States in 1986 and obtained his Ph.D. (1990) in Physical Chemistry at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, under the direction of Prof. T. F. Williams. He started his research career at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) as a Postdoctoral Fellow under the joint supervision of Dr. J. P. Young and Prof. G. Mamantov in the field of molten salts and high-temperature spectroscopy. He is currently a Corporate Fellow and Group Leader in the Chemical Sciences Division at ORNL and a Professor of Chemistry at the University of Tennessee. He has published over 400 peer-reviewed journal papers with over 14,000 citations and an h-index of 60, and holds 14 U.S. patents. His current research interests include ionic liquids, porous carbon and oxide materials, nanoparticles, advanced materials and their applications for energy storage, as well as catalysis using nanomaterials.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication17/04/2014
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Series TitleGreen Chemistry and Sustainable Technology
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note88 black & white illustrations, 68 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight549 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byAn-Hui Lu,Sheng Dai
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.44Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.