All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book contains the contributions of the participants to the International Symposium on Porphyrins in Tumor Phototherapy held in Bruzza (Mila), Italy on May 26-28, 1983. The contributions are written as extended papers to provide a broad and representative coverage of the use of porphyrins in tumor phototherapy and diagsis. In the last few years, this technique has received increasing interest for its potential applications in clinical oncology. In fact, 1,500 patients have been already treated by this therapy which has been tested in more than 100 clinical centres. Among the reported cases, a significant therapeutic effectiveness was found in some early stage cancers of lung, esophagus and stomach. The development of *this therapy requires interdisciplinary studies from such diverse fields as physics, chemistry, biology, pharmacology, and experimental and clinical oncology. The contents of the book reflect the character of this research and deal with all the problems, from fundamental to clinical, that still require to be analysed and understood for a better evaluation 'of the potential of this therapy. The first chapter of the book deals with photophysics ?;nd.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication25/11/2012
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight905 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byRinaldo Cubeddu
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1984
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
- AU $80.68New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.32Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.