All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the past decades, international port cities have been strongly affected by global transformation processes, dramatically altering life and work around the ports, the built environment and public imagery of urban waterfronts. Based on recent theories of city-port development, the ethgraphic studies in this volume focus on local stakeholders' perceptions and strategies in port cities in Europe and Latin America. This book covers a wide variety of urban fields, from traditional dockland communities, inland waterway sailors and new forms of migration and exile, to active agents of urban transformation.
- Author BiographyWaltraud Kokot (PhD) is professor of social anthropology at Hamburg University. Her teaching and research areas include diaspora, urban anthropology, refugee studies, urban poverty and homelessness. She has conducted field research in Thessaloniki, Sofia and Hamburg. Mijal Gandelsman-Trier completed her M.A. in social anthropology at Hamburg University. She is currently a doctoral candidate and lectures social anthropology in Bremen and Hamburg. Her key areas of interest are diaspora, space and place and urban anthropology. Kathrin Wildner (Dr. phil.) is lecturer of social anthropology at Viadrina University (Frankfurt/Oder) and Hamburg University. She is an accomplished researcher of urban anthropology, space and place. She has conducted field work in New York City, Mexico City, Hamburg and Istanbul. Astrid Wonneberger (Dr. phil.) is currently a lecturer of social anthropology at Hamburg University. Her major academic interests include diaspora, ethnicity and urban anthropology. She has completed field research in Western Ireland, New York, Boston and Dublin (Ireland).
- PublisherTranscript Verlag
- Date of Publication15/08/2008
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintTranscript Verlag
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight316 g
- Width135 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byAstrid Wonneberger,Kathrin Wildner,Mijal Gandelsman-Trier,Waltraud Kokot
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.18Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.