All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $199.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $64.70Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.25
About this product
- DescriptionThis book will be an excellent tool for practitioners seeking an update on the latest developments in the diagsis and management of cirrhosis and portal hypertension. Among the topics addressed are risk stratification, progsis, screening and surveillance, impact of etiological and antifibrotic therapy, the gut microbiome and cirrhosis, prevention of decompensation/further decompensation, management of the acute bleeding episode, controversies in pediatrics, and vascular diseases of the liver in cirrhotic and ncirrhotic portal hypertension. The book is a compilation of lectures and important consensus statements from the Sixth Bave International Consensus Workshop on Portal Hypertension, the most recent of a series of workshops held every 5 years for hepatologists with an interest in the field. Portal Hypertension VI will serve as a reference book for clinical and research fellows in Gastroenterology and Hepatology and should inspire new research projects in the areas identified as promising by the experts of the Bave VI Faculty.
- Author BiographyRoberto de Franchis is Head of the Gastroenterology Unit at the L. Sacco University Hospital, Milan, Italy and Professor of Medicine (Gastroenterology) at the University of Milan. He is a member of several specialist societies and an elected Fellow of the American Gastroenterological Association. Dr. de Franchis has published widely in the fields of Gastroenterology and Hepatology in the major medical and hepatology journals. Every five years since 1990 he has organized the International Consensus Workshop on Definitions, Methodology, and Therapeutic Strategies in Portal Hypertension in Baveno, Italy. In 2010 he was organizer and co-chairman of the European School of Hepatology (EASL) in Barcelona, Spain.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication25/11/2015
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note30 black & white tables, biography
- Weight896 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byRoberto De Franchis
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.