All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHarold Linton's Portfolio Design has been the standard reference for students and young professionals in architecture, urban planning, landscape, and interior design who want to make the best impression possible in their applications for undergraduate and graduate school admissions, design grants, competitions, or in a job interview. Now, with the fourth edition, the book is better than ever. All the features that made Portfolio Design the go-to guide-how to assemble a portfolio that will display your talents and qualifications to the best advantage; advice on formats, content, sequencing, page layout design, and binding systems; when to print and when to go digital; and the latest in promoting yourself on the Internet-are still there and updated. The portfolio examples are new and more numerous than ever (more than 400 portfolio pages displayed), and all in color. Drawn from a wide array of current student and professional portfolios, both print and electronic, the examples illustrate many and varied graphic design alternatives that demonstrate what will capture the reviewer's attention-and secure you an offer. While the print portfolio is far from dead, the techlogy has been revolutionized, so the text w focuses on the new standard operating procedure: portfolios designed and generally produced, sent, and viewed online. Portfolio pointers from industry professionals and educators complement the practical advice given by Harold Linton, who has taught portfolio design to generations of students. As a companion to the print book, an online portfolio showcasing images from the book and bonus portfolio pages is available for browsing at: http://www.wwrton.com/npb/portfoliodesign.
- Author BiographyHarold Linton is the director of the School of Art at George Mason University and former assistant dean of architecture at the College of Architecture and Design at Lawrence Technological University in Southfield, Michigan. As acting professor of design in 1997 at the University of Art and Design (UIAH) in Helsinki, Finland, he was cofounder of the first Masters of Arts program in color design in Europe, and he created new courses in portfolio design at UIAH and lectured at the School of Architecture, Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm, Sweden.A graduate of Syracuse and Yale University, Linton has written extensively on color, visual communications, architecture, and design. His own artwork is in the collection of numerous galleries and museums and in public and private collections throughout the United States and abroad. He has lectured at more than one hundred colleges, universities, and professional design organizations in the United States and abroad.
- Author(s)Harold Linton
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication14/06/2012
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Content Note600 color illustrations
- Weight1200 g
- Width226 mm
- Height287 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Foreword byCesar Pelli
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $23.03New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.88Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.29Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.