All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMore than just food carts and microbrews, Portland has a story to tell. Its culinary history sings the song of the salmon-people, the pioneers and immigrants, each struggling to make this strange but inviting land between the Pacific and the Cascades feel like home. Portland: A Food Biography chronicles the Rose City's rise from a Wild West outpost - a diminutive extension of San Francisco - to the critical darling of the national food scene.
- Author BiographyHeather Arndt Anderson, a Portland native, is a freelance journalist and food writer. She is the author of Breakfast: A History (AltaMira Press, 2013) and Portland: A Food Biography (Rowman & Littlefield Studies in Food and Gastronomy, 2014). She is presently writing Chilies: A Global History. In a previous life, she was a plant ecologist and blogger. She plays hobby-homesteader in Portland with her husband, son, cats, and chickens.
- Author(s)Heather Arndt Anderson
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication13/11/2014
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Series TitleBig City Food Biographies
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Note27 black & white halftones
- Weight594 g
- Width162 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine27 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.