All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Portrait Photography: From Snapshots to Great Shots, author and photographer Erik Valind shows you how to get the best shots of your subjects-whether you're in a studio or outdoors, at a family get-together, or at a formal event. Starting with the fundamentals of portrait photography, including how to select the right camera settings and lenses and how to compose your shots, Erik covers building a rapport with your subject, and offers suggestions for poses that flatter your subject to achieve great shots. He then addresses the problems and opportunities of both natural and indoor light, offering ways to resolve lighting challenges of both, showing when and how to use a flash and how to add and modify light to improve the quality of your images. Finally, he walks through several portrait scenarios, including creating single-person shots such as headshots and environmental shots, and group shots such as family and wedding photos. Follow along with Erik and you will: * Learn the basics of capturing great portraits, such as focusing on the eyes, stepping back and zooming in, and turning your subject into the light* Evaluate focal length, compression, and working distance to select the best lens for any given shoot* Establish trust with your subject and provide helpful direction and feedback so they feel at ease and look their best* Address challenges associated with natural light such as shade and direct light-and tame or redirect the light for improved photographs* Improve the light with modifiers and other helpful tools such as strobes, umbrellas, and reflectors* Go behind the scenes and walk through the process of creating great portraits with two chapters of start-to-finish examples Beautifully illustrated with large, vibrant photos, this book teaches you how to take control of your photography to get the portraits you want every time you pick up your camera.
- Author BiographyErik Valind is a commercial lifestyle and portrait photographer, born and raised on the Florida beaches. Airy and energetic lifestyle imagery defines the style and vision of this Westcott-endorsed Top Pro Photographer. Inspired by the form, activity and diversity of people, Erik has lent his expertise to shape the public image of numerous national brands and campaigns. Erik shares his visual approach, techniques and passion for photography internationally at major photo events, as an author, and online as a Kelby Training instructor. Erik is based in New York, NY.
- Author(s)Erik Valind
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication25/03/2014
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeachpit Press Publications
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight528 g
- Width193 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.