All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first volume of the series Raphael and His Time starts with a study of the Portrait of Baldassare Castiglione in its cultural contexts confronting it with the Portrait of Antonio Tebaldeo . The second contribution focuses on Raphael's Madonna dell'Impannata , of which a new version has recently surfaced, and which is here presented as a workshop replica. Stress is laid on the technical analysis, which allows to identify the picture as a painting coming from the workshop of Raphael.
- Author BiographyJurg Meyer zur Capellen was born in Gottingen (Germany) in 1941. He taught art history at the universities of Freiburg, Cologne, and Munster. He has written widely on Renaissance painting and is directing the Raffael Projekt for more than 20 years. Claudio Falcucci was born in Colleferro (Italy) in 1967. He made his BSc in Nuclear Engeneering at the University La Sapienza in Rome in 1991 and concentrated on non-destructive testing techniques from X-ray to IR. He has published on Renaissance and Baroque painting and teaches at the La Sapienza since 1996.
- Author(s)Claudio Falcucci,Juerg Meyer zur Capellen
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication03/11/2011
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Series TitleRaffael und Seine Zeit/Raphael and His Time
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2011
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Note14, 14 coloured fig., num. s/w fig.
- Weight260 g
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $40.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.96
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.41
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.