All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
About this product
- DescriptionThe poems in this book are written in a straightforward and simple English way that anyone can understand and relate to. In some poems metaphors have been used to liken the devastation of loss to natural disasters. Although the pain of loss is universal, each bereavement, for human or pet, is such an individual and totally isolating experience. Through her poems Janet Ogilvy hopes to give voice to feelings which very often cant be expressed during the time of bereavement and, in the kwledge that others are going through the same anguish, Janet hopes that the readers might, in some way, find the poems cathartic! All the proceeds from the sale of this book are to be shared between several animal charities, so, out of all the sadness comes something positive, rather like the phoenix rising from the ashes.
- Author BiographyAs a child the author was always drawing, painting and writing little poems and stories. She has always loved English and art; they were her favourite subjects at school and indeed her best. One teacher wanted one of her paintings she had done in the art class (a country lane in the snow), and insisted she paid for it. After that another teacher asked Janet to design bathroom curtains for her, which she did; she was about fourteen at the time. Janet has had a few poems printed in a local paper over the years. The author has lots of interests including history, archaeology and reading. However, her greatest interest is animal welfare. She has sat on the RSPCA committee and has taken in a good number of needy cats and dogs through the years as she feels the joy when giving a loving home to a needy animal and see it happy and settled is beyond words. Janet lives in Colwyn Bay, with her rescued cat.
- Author(s)Janet Ogilvy
- PublisherArthur H.Stockwell Ltd
- Date of Publication11/09/2015
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationDevon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArthur H.Stockwell Ltd
- Weight92 g
- Width135 mm
- Height210 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK),Laminated cover,Sewn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.