All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPortrait of a Gentile is a warm and personal affirmation of faith and love. Through a series of touching and humorous vignettes, Diane Levitan shares the story of her growth as a Christian and a woman. Recalling key moments of her family life and interaction with Gentile and Jewish friends, a poignant love story with a Jewish man unfolds, ends, and ultimately resolves decades later in a surprising and joyous manner. It is also a search for the historical Yeshua (Jesus) in the Tanakh (Old Testament). The author carefully fits together the puzzle pieces concerning the promised Messiah from a modern Hebrew-to-English translation of the Tanakh, and creates an inspiring 'word picture' of the promised future King of Israel. This book guides both 21st century Jews and Gentiles through the ancient messianic prophecies to determine whether the 'Messiah' is an ancient myth, a prophecy already fulfilled by a controversial Jew of antiquity, or a promise still yet to come.
- Author BiographyDiane Fishburn Levitan was born in South Bend, Indiana in 1954 and raised in a typical Midwest family. Portrait of a Gentile tells the story of her spiritual journey from reckless teenager to mature caring woman, and how her encounters with Judaism and the Jewish people helped form her life. Diane's story illustrates why Self Control, the ninth 'fruit of the spirit' mentioned in the Bible is listed last; because it is the most difficult to achieve. Although Diane identifies herself as an Evangelical Christian, she is married to a Jewish man. An artist, mother and former teacher, Diane painted this book's cover in the early 1990s, as she was searching for meaning in her life. Today, she and her husband Arlan live joyfully in the foothills of the Spring Mountain Range to the west of Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Author(s)Diane Levitan
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication26/01/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight254 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $6.15New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.