All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $29.05Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.84
About this product
- Description1984! George Orwell's bleak vision portrayed in his famous vel titled 1984, and the world he envisioned therein, is dissolved through the power of comedy. Portraits lays down an imaginative mosaic of the time demonstrating through the creative imagination of the dramatis personae the human spirit remains triumphant. Pathways to romantic enlightenment for the romantic couples, their cross-play and tensions, evolve through meditations-in-form: Architecture, Music, Physics, Dance and the Photograph. Portraits is a meditation through comedy on the timeless experience of men and women falling in love, drawing parallels with the comedic creations of previous eras, referencing the spirit of Much Ado About Nothing and George Meredith's famous opening lines from his vel The Egoist in particular. Portraits Volume One opens against an autumnal tapestry lumius with transformations changing the lives of the dramatis personae. The compelling imagery of their inner meditations is contrasted with the vividly realized natural world in which they are physically, emotionally, intellectually and spiritually immersed. Comedy is the leaven building and finally releasing tensions, whether in politics or romance, and proves to be the most effective and sustainable antidote against the infection of existential despair. Portraits is staged and photographed on the page and the Comic Muse invoked by George Meredith overshadows the reader.
- Author BiographyJohn Gardiner was born in Perth, Western Australia on 21 June 1949 (17:00). Currently available publications through Amazon.com include, WHAAM!, Exiles, Tapestries, Mosaic, Portraits Volume One and Portraits Volume Two. Forthcoming titles will be Myths Volume One, Myths Volume Two, Masques, Man a la mode, Tutti Fruitti, and a book of essays, He Sits 'Mongst Men Like A Descended God.
- Author(s)John Gardiner
- Date of Publication23/06/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight839 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.