All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $65.00Trending at AU $84.65
- AU $40.28Trending at AU $43.42
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $26.61
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.94
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $12.66
- AU $12.95Trending at AU $15.89
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $30.00
About this product
- DescriptionBaedeker is proud to welcome this brand new guide to Portugal. At the heart of this full-colour and visually inspiring guide is a wealth of well-researched information and over 200 detailed recommendations, written by experts. You will find all the sights and top attractions explored in an easy-to-read A-Z format, with 3D laminated illustrations displaying the key sights in perspective. Clear and concise background texts cover Portugal's landscape and nature, politics, seafaring history, art, and above all - its kaleidoscope of people and their everyday life. Special feature pages can be found throughout the guide covering topics of particular interest that provide a rare glimpse into Portuguese culture. A comprehensive 'Practicalities' chapter covers all the essential travel advice you need, including accommodation, transport, food and drink, health, shopping and much more, t to mention insider tips for travellers with disabilities and those travelling with children. It reveals the most beautiful beaches worth visiting: those that are busy, those that are deserted, where you can listen to good 'Fado', and when and where you can catch festivals and events throughout the year. There are also plenty of 'Baedeker tips' alongside the relevant places and sights information, making this guide ideal for on-the-spot reference. The guide is accompanied by a large, fully-indexed, pull-out map, t to mention 60 detailed plans and maps within the text that clearly pin-point the best places to stay and top venues to eat and drink en route. There are also 4 recommended tours specially designed to ensure you see the best of Portugal, whether you want to explore region by region, or round the whole country in one trip. All of this invaluable information is contained in a handy plastic wallet that allows you to keep the guide and map together whilst ensuring that both will survive in all weather. Baedeker - setting a new standard in 21st century travel guide publishing.
- Author BiographySince 1827, Baedeker has set a benchmark for guidebooks and remains the most famous and cherished travel brand in the world. With over 50 titles available, the range is ever-expanding to keep up with the needs of today s travelers.
- Author(s)Achim Bourmer,Birgit Borowski,H Bloss,Monika I Baumgarten,Rosemarie Arnold,Walter R Arnold
- PublisherMAIRDUMONT GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication07/01/2008
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleBaedeker Guides
- Place of PublicationOstfildern
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintMAIRDUMONT GmbH & Co. KG
- Out-of-print date17/09/2015
- Content NoteFull-colour photographs and 3D illustrations throughout
- Weight748 g
- Width123 mm
- Height189 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.