All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionFive hundred years later, a conference held in Singapore brought together a large group of scholars from widely different national, academic and disciplinary contexts, to analyse and discuss the intricate consequences of Portuguese interactions in Asia over the longue dur e. The result of these discussions is a stimulating set of case studies that, as a rule, combine original archival and/or field research with invative historiographical perspectives. Luso-Asian communities, real and imagined, and Luso-Asian heritage, material and symbolic, are studied with depth and insight. The range of thematic, chrological and geographic areas covered in these proceeding is truly remarkable, showing t only the extraordinary relevance of revisiting Luso-Asian interactions in the longer term, but also the surprising dynamism within an area of studies which seemed on the verge of exhaustion. After all, archives from all over the world, from Rio de Janeiro to London, from Lisbon to Rome, and from Goa to Macao, might still hold some secrets on the subject of Luso-Asian relations, when duly explored by resourceful scholars.
- Author(s)Laura Jarnagin
- PublisherInstitute of Southeast Asian Studies
- Date of Publication15/06/2012
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintInstitute of Southeast Asian Studies
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition StatementNew ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.