All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMANKIND HAS REACHED THE STARS. Two hundred years after the fall of Mechanism, human society has achieved a kind of stability. There are colonies beneath the oceans, throughout the solar system, and beyond: on extrasolar planets. Vast hemi-relativistic ships connect these colonies, travelling at half the speed of light. Or rather they would, if the omius presence of the alien Watchkeepers had t led to an enforced moratorium on interstellar travel. But when a seemingly impossible radio signal reaches the colony Crucible, everything changes: SEND NDEGE It's origin is unpopulated, unexplored space. No one could be there - at least, t if they travelled using human techlogy - so who could have sent it? How did they get there? And what use do they have for the disgraced scientist Ndege Akinya? Finding the answers will require one of the greatest expeditions humankind has ever launched, a journey further than ever attempted before, conducted under the implacable scrutiny of the Watchkeepers. But as a mission is prepared on Crucible, it turns out they weren't the only ones to see the message - or its potential ...'Reylds' future is so brilliantly extrapolated ...original ideas fizzing off every page' The Guardian 'Brilliant, self-assured, colourful space opera' The Sun Completing the informal trilogy which began with Blue Remembered Earth and On the Steel Breeze, this is a powerful and effective story.
- Author BiographyAlastair Reynolds was born in Barry, South Wales, in 1966. He studied at Newcastle and St Andrews Universities and has a Ph.D. in astronomy. He stopped working as an astrophysicist for the European Space Agency to become a full-time writer. REVELATION SPACE, PUSHING ICE and HOUSE OF SUNS were shortlisted for the ARTHUR C. CLARKE AWARD; REVELATION SPACE, ABSOLUTION GAP, DIAMOND DOGS and CENTURY RAIN were shortlisted for the BRITISH SCIENCE FICTION AWARD and CHASM CITY won the BRITISH SCIENCE FICTION AWARD. You can learn more by visiting voxish.tripod.com, or by following @AquilaRift on twitter.
- Author(s)Alastair Reynolds
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication14/04/2016
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight445 g
- Width135 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine37 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.03
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $22.15Trending at AU $23.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.