Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionPositional Release Techniques continues to be the go-to resource for those who want to easily learn and confidently use this manual approach to safely manage pain and dysfunction in humans (and animals). As well as a structural revision, the fourth edition w includes new illustrations and chapters with videos and an image bank on a companion website to reinforce kwledge. At its core, the book explores the principles and modalities of the different forms of positional release techniques and their application which range from the original strain/counterstrain method to various applications in physical therapy, such as McKenzie's exercise protocols and kinesio-taping methods that 'unload' tissues. These methods are traced from their historical roots up to their current practice with a showcase of emerging research and evidence. In addition to a series of problem-solving clinical descriptions supported by photos of assessment and treatment methods, learning is further boosted by practical exercises which examine PRT methodology and the mechanics of their use.
- Author BiographyLeon Chaitow ND DO is an internationally known and respected osteopathic and naturopathic practitioner and teacher of soft tissue manipulation methods of treatment. He is author of over 60 books, including a series on Advanced Soft Tissue Manipulation (Muscle Energy Techniques, Positional Release Techniques, Modern Neuromuscular Techniques) and also Palpation Skills; Cranial Manipulation: Theory and Practice; Fibromyalgia Syndrome: A Practitioner's Guide to Treatment, and many more. He is editor of the peer reviewed Journal of Bodywork and Movement Therapies, that offers a multidisciplinary perspective on physical methods of patient care. Leon Chaitow was for many years senior lecturer on the Therapeutic Bodywork degree courses which he helped to design at the School of Integrated Health, University of Westminster, London, where is he now an Honorary Fellow. He continues to teach and practice part-time in London, when not in Corfu, Greece where he focuses on his writing.
- Author(s)Leon Chaitow
- PublisherElsevier Health Sciences
- Date of Publication30/10/2015
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Series TitleAdvanced soft tissue techniques
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChurchill Livingstone
- Content NoteApprox. 260 illustrations (260 in full color)
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.