All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.73Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionPositive Diplomacy draws on the author's experience from his distinguished diplomatic career in the Foreign Service and his lectures at the Diplomatic Academy of London for those contemplating, or at the outset of, a diplomatic career. Its focus is eminently practical. It concentrates on how junior diplomats can assist in making and carrying out foreign policy. It analyses what diplomats have to deal with and the skills they need to operate effectively as individuals and as members of a diplomatic service.
- Author BiographySIR PETER MARSHALL served as a Navigator in the RAF from 1943-46 before embarking on a career in the British Foreign Service from 1949-83 where he served in Washington, Baghdad, Bangkok, Geneva, Paris and New York. He was Commonwealth Deputy Secretary General (Economic) from 1983-88 and Chairman of the Royal Commonwealth Society and Commonwealth Trust from 1988-92. Since 1989, he has been Visiting Lecturer at the Diplomatic Academy of London at the University of Westminster. He is an Honorary Fellow of Corpus Christi College, Cambridge and the University of Westminster. He is the author of The Dynamics of Diplomacy.
- Author(s)Sir Peter Marshall
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication12/04/1999
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight326 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Introduction byJ. E. Spence
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.