All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe diagnosis of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) can be devastating. It's important to note, though, that while COPD is debilitating, it is not a death sentence. With proper disease management, people with COPD can expect to live a full and happy life. While there are no magic pills or quick fixes, there are many things COPD sufferers can do to have more energy, less shortness of breath, and an overall better quality of life despite breathlessness or use of home oxygen. This comprehensive guide helps people in any stage of COPD learn to work with their physical limitations rather than against them. Compassionate and clearly written, it covers every aspect of the disease, including the psychological and emotional issues that go along with having COPD, medications and physical therapy, identifying triggers and warning signs, creating an action plan for worsening symptoms, techniques to make breathing easier, working with healthcare providers, and much more.
- Author(s)Teri Allen
- PublisherHunter House Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication18/05/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Series TitlePositive Options for Health
- Place of PublicationAlameda, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHunter House Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight222 g
- Width168 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.