Positive Therapy: A Meta-theory for Positive Psychological Practice by Stephen Joseph, P. Alex Linley (Paperback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $50.45Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $72.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPositive psychology emphasises the need to understand the positive side of human experience, as well as understanding and ameliorating psychopathology and distress. Positive Therapy explores the relevance of positive psychology to therapy. Stephen Joseph and P. Alex Linley argue that therapy is t so much about what you do as how you do it, emphasising the influence of the views we hold about human nature on our approach to therapy, and the importance of the relationship between therapist and client over the technique of the therapist. They consider the full range of positive therapies and illustrate the application of the approach in relation to their own work in the field of posttraumatic stress and posttraumatic growth. Finally, they discuss how positive therapy focuses our attention on the social and political context of our work as therapists. This book is essential reading for all psychotherapists, counsellors, social workers, coaches and psychologists interested in investigating how they engage with clients, and the implications of this engagement for their practice.
- Author BiographyStephen Joseph is Professor of Psychology, Health and Social Care in the Department of Sociology and Social Policy at the University of Nottingham. His research interests are in understanding how people cope with trauma and adversity and more broadly in positive psychology and its applications. He is also a senior practitioner member of the British Psychological Society's Register of Psychologists who specialise in psychotherapy. P. Alex Linley is a lecturer in Psychology at the University of Leicester. He is interested in positive psychology and its applications, especially in relation to psychological strengths, and serves as the Director of the Centre for Applied Positive Psychology (CAPP).
- Author(s)P. Alex Linley,Stephen Joseph
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication13/07/2006
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content Note7 black & white tables
- Weight524 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $87.24New
- AU $41.13Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.36New
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $33.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.97
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.00Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.19Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.