All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTo attain EYPS, candidates must demonstrate that they can establish fair, respectful, trusting and constructive relationships with children. This book helps those on EYPS pathways to understand and develop these important relationships. It begins by examining trust as a key theme and goes on to discuss how to 'tune in' to individual children and how to 'tune out' or say goodbye. It gives practical advice on helping children build resilience and take risks. Positive relationships with children are examined within the context of relationships with others and the text also considers how practitioners can support other professionals in their setting.
- Author BiographyJessica Johnson is Senior Lecturer in Early Years at Kingston University and currently Programme Leader for the Sector-Endorsed Foundation Degree in Early Years, Course Leader for the BA(Hons) 'top-up' in Early Years Education and Care, EYPS Senior Assessor and Project Leader for the Kingston, Merton and Richmond EYP Support Network. Rite of passage to this role started in the National Health Service, tuning in to babies, young children and their families at The Hospital for Sick Children, Great Ormond Street. They initiated ongoing curiosity in child development - specifically social and emotional relationships. Chameleon-like, she has experienced first-hand the challenges in creating positive, trusting relationships through roles in health, social care, education and as a mediator in the voluntary sector.
- Author(s)Jessica M. Johnson
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication22/06/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleAchieving EYPS Series
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLearning Matters Ltd
- Content Note5 illustrations
- Weight293 g
- Width171 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.