All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMainstream ecomic theory has been increasingly questioned following the recent global financial crisis. Marc Lavoie shows how post-Keynesian theory can function as a coherent substitute by focusing on realistic assumptions and integrating the financial and real sides of the ecomy. This book outlines alternative microecomic foundations based on a world of fundamental uncertainty, with an emphasis on various paradoxes that arise in a truly macroecomic analysis. The book is a considerably extended and fully revamped edition of the highly successful and frequently cited Foundations of Post-Keynesian Ecomic Analysis. It provides an exhaustive account of post-Keynesian ecomics and of the developments that have occurred in post-Keynesian theory and in the world ecomy over the last twenty years. Topics covered include open-ecomy issues, the methodological foundations of heterodox ecomics, consumer theory, firms and pricing, money and credit, effective demand and employment, inflation theory, and growth theories. Students and scholars of ecomics, particularly post-Keynesian and heterodox ecomics, will find this comprehensive look at the field a necessary addition to their libraries.
- Author BiographyMarc Lavoie, Professor of Economics, University of Ottawa, Canada
- Author(s)Marc Lavoie
- PublisherEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication30/06/2014
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCheltenham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Width234 mm
- Height156 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $40.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.96
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.41
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.