All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.64Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionIn the last few decades, the world witnessed the phemen of corporations seeking growth through mergers and acquisitions (M&As). This e-book explores the concept of mergers, the reasons behind them, the stages and processes involved in M&As. Corporate news since the 1980s suggest that at least 50% of mergers that were undertaken resulted in disappointments. Some highly publicized mergers eventually were demerged Despite such highly publicized failed mergers, M&As remain a common growth strategy which in turn may affect the entire ecomy, leading to significant changes in the structure of employment, employee earnings and investor behaviour. Given the impact of M&As, this e-book also explores factors that contribute to merger success with a special focus on the cultural aspect of the PMI process which has been cited as a major reason for M&A failures. The e-book retells the GE Capital experience in acquisitions which appears to have become a bible of sorts in creating PMI plans. It also explores the Daimler-Chrysler experiences and the evolving Levo strategy. It includes personal experiences of the author regarding M&As.
- Author BiographyDr Teng is widely recognized as a turnaround CEO in Asia by the news media. He has been interviewed on the international media on many occasions on the subject of corporate turnaround and transformation such as the Malaysian Business Radio, BFM 89-9, News Radio FM 93.8, Malaysian Business Radio, Edge Radio (USA), the Channel News Asia, the Boss Magazine, Economic Bulletin, the Today, World Executive Digest, Lianhe ZaoPao, StarBiz and the Straits Times. His online seminars are broadcasted globally by Success University, SkyquestCom etc. Dr Mike Teng is the author of a best-selling book Corporate Turnaround: Nursing a sick company back to health, in 2002 which is also translated into the Bahasa Indonesia. His book is endorsed by management guru Professor Philip Kotler and business tycoon, Dr YY Wong. He subsequently authored more than twelve management books. Dr Teng is currently the Managing Director of Corporate Turnaround Centre Pte Ltd (www.corporateturnaroundcentre.com) which provides corporate training and management advisory services. He has more than 29 years of experience in distributorship management, strategic planning and operational management responsibilities in the Asia Pacific. Of these, he held Chief Executive Officer's positions for 18 years in multi-national and publicly listed companies. He spearheaded the turnaround of several troubled companies as the CEO and also advised several boards of directors of numerous distressed companies. Dr Teng served as the Executive Council member for fourteen years and the last four years as the President of the Marketing Institute of Singapore (2000 - 2004), the national marketing association. He was on the advisory board member to Business School, National University of Singapore and School of Business, Singapore Polytechnic. Dr Teng holds a Doctor in Business Administration (DBA) from the University of South Australia, Master in Business Administration (MBA) and Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering (BEng) from the National University of Singapore. He is also a Professional Engineer (P Eng, Singapore), Chartered Engineer ( C Eng, UK) and Fellow Member of several prestigious professional institutes namely, Chartered Institute of Marketing (FCIM), Chartered Management Institute (FCMI), Institute of Mechanical Engineers (FIMechE), Marketing Institute of Singapore (FMIS), Institute of Electrical Engineers (FIEE) and Senior Member of Singapore Computer Society (SMSCS).
- Author(s)Dr Michael Teng,Michael Teng
- PublisherCorporate Turnaround Centre Pte Ltd
- Date of Publication02/10/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorporate Turnaround Centre Pte Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight100 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.