All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDespite the efforts of the international community, most of the armed conflicts triggered by the breakup of the Soviet Union have t been resolved. This volume strives to cast a fresh look at the protracted conflicts and to identify factors promoting or preventing their settlement or transformation. The authors analyze the conflicts from the vantage point of critical citizens of their home countries and draw on their experience as participants in the peace process. The lessons learned from successes and failures of the international community are galvanized into a package of policy recommendations that heed the specific character of each conflict.
- Author BiographyHans-Georg Heinrich is Professor emeritus at the Department of Political Science at the University of Vienna (Austria), and Vice-President of the International Center for Advanced and Comparative EU-Russia/NIS Research (ICEUR Vienna). He has authored and edited several books on Post-Soviet politics and served in field presences of international organizations in various transition countries.
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication10/01/2013
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Series TitleICEUR Insight Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2013
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Weight440 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byHans-Georg Heinrich
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.26
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.57
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.