All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMacroecomics is evolving in an almost dialectic fashion. The latest evolution is the development of a new synthesis that combines insights of new classical, new Keynesian and real business cycle traditions into a dynamic, stochastic general equilibrium (DSGE) model that serves as a foundation for thinking about macro policy. That new synthesis has opened up the door to a new antithesis, which is being driven by advances in computing power and analytic techniques. This new synthesis is coalescing around developments in complexity theory, automated general to specific ecometric modeling, agent-based models, and n-linear and statistical dynamical models. This book thus provides the reader with an introduction to what might be called a Post Walrasian research program that is developing as the antithesis of the Walrasian DSGE synthesis.
- Author BiographyDavid Colander has been the Christian A. Johnson Distinguished Professor of Economics at Middlebury College, Middlebury, Vermont since 1982. He previously taught at Columbia University, Vassar College, and the University of Miami. Professor Colander has authored, co-authored, or edited more than 35 books and 100 articles on a wide range of topics. His books have been, or are being, translated into a number of different languages, including Chinese, Bulgarian, Polish, Italian, and Spanish. He is a former President of both the Eastern Economic Association and History of Economics Society and is, or has been, on the editorial boards of the Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Journal of Economic Methodology, Eastern Economic Journal, Journal of Economic Education, The Journal of Socioeconomics, and Journal of Economic Perspectives. He has also been a consultant to Time-Life Films, the U.S. Congress, a Brookings Policy Fellow, and a Visiting Scholar at Nuffield College, Oxford. In 2001-2002 he was the Kelly Professor of Distinguished Teaching at Princeton University.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication17/07/2006
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note9 tables
- Weight590 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byDavid C. Colander
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.