Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.34Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionIn his new book, Bill Ashcroft gives us a revolutionary view of the ways in which post-colonial societies have responded to colonial control. The most comprehensive analysis of major features of post-colonial studies ever compiled, Post-Colonial Transformation: * demonstrates how widespread the strategy of transformation has been * investigates political and literary resistance * examines the nature of post-colonial societies' engagement with imperial language, history, allegory, and place * offers radical new perspectives in post-colonial theory in principles of habitation and horizonality. Post-Colonial Transformation breaks new theoretical ground while demonstrating the relevance of a wide range of theoretical practices, and extending the exploration of topics fundamentally important to the field of post-colonial studies.
- Author BiographyBill Ashcroft teaches at the University of New South Wales.
- Author(s)Bill Ashcroft
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication11/01/2001
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight317 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.