All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe New Yorker was launched in 1925, and offers reporting, criticism, essays, fiction, poetry, humour, and cartoons. From the very outset, the founders, Harold Ross and Jane Grant, declared that their sophisticated magazine was 't edited for the old lady in Dubuque'. The New Yorker has also offered great literature in short stories from such acclaimed writers as John Cheever, Roald Dahl, Alice Munro, Haruki Murakami, Vladimir Nabokov, J.D. Salinger, and Shirley Jackson. From the very first issue, the w iconic mocled dandy Eustace Tilley made The New Yorker's covers unique and pointed. These signature traits have continued right up to the present day in the striking and sometimes controversial covers from such artists as Peter Ar, William Steig, Saul Steinberg, Jean-Jacques Sempe, and Art Spiegelman. These covers were selected by Francoise Mouly.
- Author BiographyFrancoise Mouly joined The New Yorker as art editor in April 1993. She is the publisher and Editorial Director of TOON Books, an imprint of Candlewick Press. In 1980, Ms. Mouly was the founder, publisher, designer and co-editor with her husband, Art Spiegelman, of the pioneering comics anthology 'RAW', which launched artists such as Charles Burns, Sue Coe, Chris Ware, Xavier Mariscal, and many others. Ms. Mouly has been responsible for over 900 covers over her tenure at The New Yorker, many of which have been chosen by The American Society of Magazine Editors (ASME) as 'best cover of the year'. Born in Paris, Francoise Mouly studied architecture at the Beaux Arts, and moved to New York in 1974. In 2011 Ms. Mouly was awarded France's highest honor, the Legion of Honneur. She and her husband live in Manhattan.
- Author(s)New Yorker
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication07/06/2012
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintParticular Books
- Content Noteill
- Weight723 g
- Width115 mm
- Height169 mm
- Spine64 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.