All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTheoretically sophisticated and meticulously situated at the fraught scene of reconciliation between indigeus and n-indigeus peoples in contemporary Australia, Postcolonial Agency is an inspiring manifesto for n-imperial mutuality. Bignall's advocacy of an ethics of joy opens up a new direction for postcolonial studies. Professor Leela Ghandi, Department of English, University of Chicago A sustained piece of theorisation about the postcolonial to rival Peter Hallward's 'Absolutely Postcolonial'. Simone Bignall argues that a n-imperial concept of ethical and political agency and a materialist philosophy of transformation are embedded within a mir tradition of Western philosophy. Postcolonial Agency provides a significantly new understanding of the processes of social transformation faced by many societies as they struggle with the aftermath of empire. It also offers a valuable new way of conceptualising practices of postcolonial sociability. It will be of interest to students and researchers in political and postcolonial studies, cultural studies, critical theory and Continental philosophy.
- Author BiographySimone Bignall is an adjunct Senior Lecturer in the School of History and Philosophy at the University of New South Wales in Sydney. She has published widely on issues concerning colonialism and postcolonialism. She is the author of Postcolonial Agency (2010) and the co-editor, with Paul Patton, of Deleuze and the Postcolonial (2010), both published by Edinburgh University Press.
- Author(s)Simone Bignall
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication31/05/2011
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitlePlateaus - New Directions in Deleuze Studies
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Weight422 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $26.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.